How To Apply
Applicants to Shenandoah University can apply on-line or with a paper application. Whichever way you choose, the following documents must be submitted to:
Office of Admissions
1460 University Drive:
Winchester, VA 22601
1. Completed Shenandoah University application for admission.
The application must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of $30. The application fee should be submitted by a check or money order payable to Shenandoah University. The application fee is not credited to tuition and fees.
2. Official transcript(s) from ALL previously attended colleges or universities.
Credentials submitted by the applicant are not considered official. Credentials must be official and sent from the accredited college or university’s Registrar’s Office.
If the student is transferring to SU with less than 24 earned credits, they must ALSO submit the following:
- Official high school transcript from the high school guidance counselor.
- Credentials submitted by the applicant are not considered official.
- Official SAT or ACT test scores.
If the test scores are not included on the high school transcript, the applicant should request the SAT Board or ACT Board to send them directly to Shenandoah University.
Links to SAT & ACT
3. Conservatory applicants must satisfactorily complete an audition prior to the admission decision.
In the audition, each applicant must demonstrate an appropriate level of technical facility in one performance medium. Students desiring to study piano technology or technical theatre are required to schedule an interview with the appropriate division chairman. Specific audition requirements are found in the description of each curriculum.
When an application is complete, the applicant will usually be notified of the admission decision within three weeks by their Admissions Counselor.