- Complete an application.
- Send certified copies of original documents from each college or university previously attended.
- Send academic credential evaluations of non-U.S. transcripts.
- Send evidence of English language proficiency.
- Submit any addition documentation required by the graduate program (ie. standardized test scores, recommendation letters, auditions, etc.)
- Provide financial documentation to obtain an I-20.
- You will need to complete two applications; the first is the graduate application for admissions and the second is the supplemental application for international students. You can apply online at www.applyweb.com/aw?su or send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting the forms be sent to you.
- Have all former universities send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature. Documents must include courses completed, grades or marks earned, and certificates or degrees awarded. All transcripts must be received in unopened envelopes that have been stamped or signed by an authority at the sending institution across the envelope seal.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned. For most programs, a general or document-by-document report with GPA is sufficient. Most services require that the transcript be accompanied by an English translation. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make arrangements for the evaluation. Please note that each company may have different requirements regarding document submission. An official copy of the completed evaluation should be mailed from the company directly to Shenandoah University. For convenience several companies who evaluate international credentials are noted below, but a complete list of qualified companies may be found at www.naces.org/.
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.(ECE)
PO Box 514070
Milwaukee WI 53203-3470 USA
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Joseph Silny and Associates
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
World Education Services (WES)
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100
- International students are required to provide evidence of English language proficiency. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide TOEFL or IELTS scores or show successful completion of two years of full-time study in an English-speaking country in which English was the language of instruction. You can find more information on registering for the TOEFL at www.ets.org/toefl. IELTS information can be found at www.ielts.org/. Shenandoah’s school code is 5613. The date of taking the TOEFL or IELTS should not be more than 12 months prior to the date of enrollment. Minimum scores acceptable for admissions can be found at the international graduate admission standards [International Students – Graduate Admission Standards] page.
- Each graduate program will have specific admissions requirements in addition to these. Please visit Graduate Admissions [Graduate Programs Admissions Criteria] for more information.
- A limited amount of scholarships and financial aid is available to international students. You should expect to pay the full costs of your educational and living expenses. The estimated total cost for tuition, books, health insurance, a residence hall room and food service for one full year (excluding summer) is $22,000 for full-time graduate study. Costs may vary by program. To be eligible to receive a SEVIS I-20 form from Shenandoah, please send financial information and documentation explaining how you plan to cover your educational and living expenses while a student at Shenandoah. To document your financial resources, you may complete the supplemental application for international students and include support materials such as a signed affidavit of support and a copy of a recent bank statement.