We are excited that you are interested in taking the next step in becoming a Shenandoah University student!
Transfer Application Deadlines
- Shenandoah University processes applications with on rolling admissions basis. This means that applications are accepted throughout the year, without specific application deadlines.
- You can expect a decision to be made within three weeks after all required admissions materials have been received. Please see the list of required materials below.
To best prepare you for a smooth and successful transition into Shenandoah, we recommend that all application materials be submitted prior to:
- June 1 for the fall semester and
- October 1 for the spring semester.
Required Application Materials
Once you have applied to Shenandoah University, our office will need the following items in order to make an admissions decision:
- Official transcript(s) from all previously attended institutions
- Official high school transcript – if you have fewer than 24 credit hours or are a College of Arts & Sciences applicant seeking to waive the foreign language requirement
**Note: You are considered a transfer student at Shenandoah University if you have graduated from high school or obtained a GED, and have enrolled in college courses. High school students who have taken college credits before receiving a high school diploma are considered freshman students.
Additional requirements include:
- Conservatory applicants must satisfactorily complete an audition prior to the admissions decision. Click here for Audition information & requirements.
- Nursing Transfer and ASD applicants only – TEAS exam scores
- Supplemental Application for International Students. For more information about international admissions, click here
- Applicants who have attended college overseas – Academic Credential Evaluation
Send your application materials for review to:
Office of Admissions
1460 University Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
Important Dates and Deadlines
- March 1 – Priority Deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the fall semester
- May 1 – Advanced Tuition Deposit deadline to reserve a seat in your program of study
- June 1 – Priority Deadline for fall semester admissions
- July 1 – Deadline for applying for the FAFSA
- July 15 – Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant (VTAG) application deadline
- October 1 – Priority Deadline for spring semester admissions
- November 1 – Priority Deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the spring semester